Record London-wide Assembly Member list
Official list of London Assembly List parties/candidates for 2021 elections
A total of 18 political parties and 171  candidates are standing to win the 11 London-wide London Assembly seats for the next three years. In 2016, 12 political parties stood.
- A list of parties and independent candidates standing for the 11 London-wide Members of the London Assembly contest is below.
- The 14 Constituency Returning Officers will each publish their lists of Constituency candidates
- The complete list of all Mayoral and London Assembly candidates is published together on the London Elects website
The full list of parties standing in the London-wide contest are as follows:
- Animal Welfare Party
- Christian Peoples Alliance
- Communist Party of Britain
- Green Party
- Heritage Party
- Labour Party
- Let London Live
- Liberal Democrats
- London Real Party
- National Liberal Party
- Rejoin EU
- Social Democratic Party
- Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition
- Women's Equality Party
Voters will receive three ballot papers when they go to vote: one for the Mayor, one for the London-wide Assembly Members and one for the Constituency Assembly Members.
18 political parties are standing to win the 11 London-wide London Assembly seats.
Fourteen London Assembly Members are also elected to represent London’s 14 Assembly Constituencies. There are 78 Constituency candidates – so 249 London Assembly candidates in total.
Nominations for the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections closed at 4pm on Tuesday 30 March. The Greater London Returning Officer is required by law to publish the list by 4pm on Thursday 1 April.
London Elects will send an information booklet to each of London’s 6 million registered voters. This will begin arriving in letterboxes from next week and includes a ‘mini manifesto’ from 17 of the Mayoral candidates, the full list of Assembly candidates and information about how to vote.
Important dates: These dates apply to both the Mayor and the London Assembly.
Polling station voting: Thursday 6 May (polling stations open from 7am to 10pm)
Count commences: Friday 7 May (9am) and continues Saturday 8 May (8am)
If you are registered to vote, you should have received your poll card already.
The last day to register to vote in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections is 19 April 2021.
To vote by post, electors need to register as a postal voter by 5pm Tuesday 20th April.
For more information, please contact the London Elects media office.
London Elects Head of Media:
Alison Bell - 07887 832 918 or 020 7983 4228 – City Hall
Follow us on Twitter @londonelects
Notes to editors
- The list of candidates is attached.
- A full list of candidates standing in the Mayoral contest, London-wide contest and each of the 14 constituency contests will be available at https://www.londonelects.org.uk/im-voter/candidates
- Candidate and party descriptions are given as on the nomination forms submitted by candidates. This is how they will appear on the ballot papers (along with party emblems).
- The election itself will see nearly 3,900 polling stations set up across London on 6th May. The stations will be staffed by more than 12,000 people between 7am and 10pm. Another 2,000 staff will then be on hand to help with the count.
- London Elects is the body responsible – under the direction of the Greater London Returning Officer (GLRO) – for delivering and encouraging participation in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections.