It’s in your letterbox! More than 6 million Londoners to get election booklet
Londoners will receive a guide to candidates, elections and how to vote
With one month to go until Londoners vote for a new Mayor and 25 London Assembly Members, a guide to the candidates and elections  is being delivered to 6 million registered voters across the 33 London boroughs this week - as required by law.
With candidates campaigning and the final list of those standing confirmed, London Elects and its suppliers are printing over six million copies of the guide booklet, placing them in addressed envelopes and putting them through the letterboxes of London’s 6 million registered electors. Over 750,000 booklets are being printed per day, over 8 days.
The 36 page guide contains information on how the work of the Mayor and London Assembly affects the everyday lives of Londoners, a list of Mayoral and London Assembly candidates , an easy to follow guide on how to fill out the three ballot papers and a ‘mini-manifesto’ from 17 of the 20 Mayoral candidates .
Greater London Returning Officer, Mary Harpley, said:
“Londoners will soon make a choice which will affect the way their capital is run for the next three years. They’ll elect a Mayor with an annual budget of around £19 billion and 25 London Assembly Members who will act as the eyes and ears of Londoners, to make sure the Mayor delivers on his or her promises.
“These 26 people make decisions which affect your everyday life in London, so look out for the booklet, which will help you make that important choice. Make sure you’re registered to vote  - so you can have your say on the 6th May.”
The booklet is available in large print, braille or audio on request from [email protected]. The booklet can be viewed online at www.londonelects.org.uk/booklet. The website is also packed full of information about what the Mayor and London Assembly Members are responsible for, voter registration deadlines, when to vote and much more.
For more information please contact the London Elects media office
London Elects Head of Media:
Follow us on Twitter @londonelects
Notes to editors
- London Elects – on behalf of the Greater London Returning Officer – is required by election law to produce and deliver an information booklet to all registered voters in London.
- Lists of all the candidates standing in the London Assembly elections (for both the 14 Assembly Constituency Member seats and the 11 London-wide Assembly Member seats).
Each of the mayoral candidates wrote their own manifesto. Candidates are not obliged to be included in the booklet, but if they do wish to be included, they are required by law to contribute £10,000 towards the printing and distribution costs.
- London Elects makes legal checks on the content submitted by candidates, but beyond this they do not control the contents of the candidates’ submissions.
- You must register to vote by midnight on 19 April 2021. To register to vote, visit: gov.uk/register-to-vote
- The booklet is printed on 100% recycled paper.
- The booklet is printed by PSL Print Management Ltd.
- London Elects is responsible – under the direction of the Greater London Returning Officer (GLRO) – for overseeing and encouraging participation in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections.
- As of 1 March 2021, there were 6,047,327 registered voters in Greater London.