Shaun Bailey image
A FRESH START
"I was homeless in my twenties. Now I’m the Conservative candidate for Mayor. This story is only possible in London - but I want more people to have the same opportunities I had.
As a youth worker, I helped young Londoners get out of crime. As a government adviser, I helped to deliver the National Citizen Service.
Now I’m working with residents to give London a fresh start. So together we build a safer, fairer, more affordable city"
HAS A PLAN TO GIVE LONDON A FRESH START
- Making our streets safer - by hiring 8,000 more police and reopening 38 police stations
- Helping young people get out of crime - with 32 new youth centres and 4,000 new youth workers
- Getting young Londoners on the housing ladder - by building 100,000 homes and selling them for £100,000 each
- Cleaning up London’s air - with a zero-emission bus fleet by 2025 and interest-free loans for black cab drivers to go electric
- Fixing TfL’s finances - by introducing corporate sponsorship to the tube network, so we protect under-18s’ and over-60s’ free travel
- A better transport network - with a London Infrastructure Bank to fund repairs and new investment
- Reversing the Congestion Charge hike - and scrapping plans to extend the £12.50 daily ULEZ charge to outer London
- Saving each London household £307 - by reversing the 10% council tax hike
- Fighting for outer boroughs - with 30-minutes free parking for high streets and scrapping plans for an Outer London Tax
- Working constructively with government - so we get a better deal for London
Shaun Bailey’s plan will create 924,000 jobs over the next five years
Prepared by Julian Walden as election agent on behalf of Shaun Bailey, at 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ.
Conservative Party logo
The information on this page also appears in the statutory election booklet that is sent to every registered voter eligible to vote in these elections. The content is the sole legal responsibility of the candidates and their election agents and has not been supplied by the GLRO or the London Elects team.