Meeting for prospective candidates and agents
Read the slides from the meeting on 6 November 2023.
Letter of invitation
If you have already declared your intention to stand as a London Mayoral candidate or Assembly member next year or are considering doing so, then please attend the meeting for all prospective candidates and agents to discuss our preparations for the Mayor of London and London Assembly Elections on 2 May 2024.
Monday 6 November, City Hall, Kamal Chunchie Way, London, E16 1ZE at 4pm
You can join in person. Find the directions to City Hall, now located at the Royal Docks in East London. Or you can attend remotely via Teams and a link will be sent to you once you confirm attendance.
If attending in person, please arrive by 15.45 to clear security.
We will cover the following topics:
- Meet the London Elects senior team.
- Election preparation to date and changes since the 2021 election.
- Election timetable and statutory deadlines.
- Electoral Commission Guidance.
- The nominations process and the statutory booklet for mayoral candidates.
- Planning for the possibility of a simultaneous General Election and the implications of this for verifying and counting ballots.
And of course, there will be the opportunity to ask questions on the above subjects, or anything else. Whether you wish to attend in person or remotely, please contact my Senior Elections Programme Manager, Lea Goddard at [email protected] or ring him on 07749 436135.
We look forward to seeing you on 6 November.
Deputy Greater London Returning Officer